Every year on July 4th, we celebrate the Freedom and Independence of America. It was on this day in 1776 that the Declaration of Independence was signed and America broke free from Great Britain and became an Independent Nation. Independent means that one is no longer under the control of another or affiliated with a company. So, I ask: What or who do you need to break free from?
If you desire to be free, keep reading. There are many of us who are still in jobs, relationships, and friendships that we should have left a long time ago. We believe they are good for us financially, romantically, and personally because we fear letting go. Any time we are under the control of something or someone, it is not helping us but holding us hostage to our freedom and independence. It is not easy to gain independence when we are tied to a job or a relationship. We lose sight of our independence because our focus disregards self.
Remember what happened when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt? They were under the rule (control) of Pharaoh. "Then the Lord said, "I have observed the misery of My people in Egypt, and have heard them crying out because of their oppressors, and I know about their sufferings. I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and to bring them from that land to a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey-the territory of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. The Israelites' cry for help has come to Me, and I have also seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. Therefore, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh so that you may lead My people, the Israelites, out of Egypt." But Moses asked God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and that I should bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" He answered, "I will certainly be with you"- Exodus 3 CSB In this passage, we can find our freedom and independence in hope, answered prayer and victory.
Let's celebrate our Freedom and Independence!
1. Forgive yourself: This is a big deal. You can only move into your best self when you let go of all the mistakes you made.
2. Accept yourself flaws and all: Learn to like and love all the good things about you.
3. Self-Care: Make yourself a priority before your job and relationships. The way you treat yourself is how others will treat you.
4. Be patient and get to know the real you: Take time to find out who you are, your purpose, and what you want out of life.
5. Don't worry about what others think: Your life is your own. You have the power to make life decisions.
6. Let go of FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real. Don't be afraid of change. Change is good.
Allow yourself the chance to see what's on the other side of FEAR and Win!
Be Free! Be Independent! Be You!